The WV Workers’ Compensation Association a/k/a WV Self-Insurers Association Proudly Presents its Annual Conference
October 25-26, 2017 Charleston, WV
AT A NEW LOCATION:
Embassy Suites Hotel
300 Court Street · Charleston, West Virginia 25301
Phone: (304) 347-8700
Please join the WV Workers’ Compensation Association at its 2017 annual educational seminar and membership meeting. This years program will feature the latest information from experts on workers’ compensation with an excellent opportunity to network with your peers.
This year’s conference will feature:
- A comprehensive regulatory and legislative review of the WC WV Insurance market by the WV Insurance Commissioner and his General Counsel impacting all employers doing business in WV.
- A presentation on cutting- edge issues related to managing traumatic concussion injuries.
- A presentation from self-insurer representatives on best practices to handle unique WC problems encountered in WV.
- Reports on economic development challenges facing WV and on national workers’ compensation trends and costs—and how well WV employers compete regionally and nationally from a WC costs perspective, and
- Important updates regarding Medicare and Workers’ Compensation settlements.
The 2017 Annual meeting begins on Wednesday afternoon, October 25 and will be hosted by associate member Jackson Kelly at 4:00 at its 16th Floor Laidley Tower Conference Center (just across the street from the Embassy Suites).
A reception will follow at the Embassy Suites Hotel at 5:30 p.m. and all conference events on October 26 will be hosted at the Embassy Suites Hotel. Registration is available on the WVSIA web-site . Any questions please contact Janice Bowen, WVSIA Conference Coordinator at 304-345-6846 or JFBowen@Suddenlink.net.
The 2017 WVWCA Annual Conference will be held October 25-26th, at the Embassy Suites Hotel.
- The Embassy Suites Hotel has reserved a block of suites at a special rate of $139.00 per night plus tax. This rate includes 2 adults and 2 children. Any additional adults over the 2 will be charged $10.00 per person per night.
- To reserve a suite at this rate, please make your reservation by September 25, 2017 by calling 1-800-EMBASSY or go online to embassysuitescharlestonwv.com. After this date the special rate will no longer be available.
- You must use the WVI name when making reservations in order to receive the discounted rate. Online you will enter this 3-letter code in the group/convention code space.
- Check-In time is 4:00 PM and Check-Out time is 12:00 PM. Requests for early arrival, late departure, room type or floor assignments cannot be guaranteed. Reservations must be cancelled by 4:00 PM the day prior to arrival to avoid charges.
- Please note currently there is a 7% WV State Sales Tax and 6% Local Occupancy Tax. Self Parking is charged nightly to your room.
- The complimentary breakfast is available Weekdays 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM and Weekends 7:00 AM – 10:30 AM. The breakfast includes a made-to-order omelet station along with your favorite breakfast items.
- Join us for the Manager’s Reception from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM each evening. This includes complimentary cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks.
- Embassy Suites offers a complimentary shuttle to and from Yeager Airport. Also available is an indoor pool, whirlpool and exercise facility and a 24-hour business center.
I hope this information will give everyone plenty of time to make their arrangements. We look forward to seeing you at the conference and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Janice F Bowen
Exhibitor Letter – Click to Download
FROM I-64 East…HUNTINGTON, KENTUCKY & OHIO
Take the Lee Street Exit #58C. At the light turn RIGHT onto Lee Street. Follow Lee Street 3 blocks. Embassy Suites is on the LEFT.
FROM I-77 SOUTH…PARKERSBURG & OHIO
Take the Washington Street Exit #58C. Go through the 1st light. At the 2nd light turn LEFT onto Lee Street. Follow Lee Street 3 blocks. Embassy Suites is on the LEFT
FROM I-79 SOUTH…PITTSBURGH, MORGANTOWN & FAIRMONT
Take the Washington Street Exit #58C. Go through the 1st light. At the 2nd light turn LEFT onto Lee Street. Follow Lee Street 3 blocks. Embassy Suites is on the LEFT.
FROM I-77 NORTH…BECKLEY, VIRGINIA & NORTH CAROLINA
On I-77 North you will veer RIGHT to I-64 West. From I-64 West take the Washington Street Exit #58C. Go through the 1st light. At the 2nd light turn LEFT onto Lee Street. Follow Lee Street 3 blocks. Embassy Suites is on the LEFT.
FROM YEAGER AIRPORT
Take Airport Road down to Greenbrier Street. Take I-64 West. Take the Leon Sullivan Way Exit. At light turn RIGHT on Washington Street. Follow Washington Street 3 blocks. Embassy Suites is on the LEFT.